The International master on ‘AGRI-FOOD QUALITY’ aims at training professionals to provide them with technical skills for the management of the quality control chain in agri-food productions.
The master is aimed at both agricultural and animal productions in developing countries and emerging economies.
The agricultural compartment is going towards a deep restructuring. There are 4 causes influencing this transformation:
- the increasing of human population
- the progressive reduction of the area dedicated and available for agriculture
- the climate change that makes agricultural productions very unpredictable in their outcomes in large areas of the globe
- and the increasing globalization of agricultural productions and its increasing homogenization towards production models adopted by developed countries.
Facing this challenges and with this scenario, there are 5 objectives to be pursued according to the international organizations that studied this issues:
- stop and contain the expansion of agricultural land, save tropical forests, savannah and the most productive agricultural land from urban expansion;
- increase the efficiency in the use of natural resources, including water and energy;
- optimize meat production and therefore consumption;
- curb food waste in both developed (end of production chain) and developing (start of production chain) countries;
- increase yield from agricultural production and improve the quality of produce, mainly in the less productive areas.
The international master on ‘AGRI-FOOD QUALITY’ aims at providing solution for this latter issue, producing skilled technicians who can improve the characteristics of the food produced. Italy is one of those western countries in which the issue of quality of the agricultural produce is taken more seriously for long history of agriculture and the excellent integration between an increase in quantity and quality of production in all fields.
- Quality in agro-food
- Crops Fruits and vegetables
- Milk and chease
- Fresh meat, ham and sausages
- Eggs, microlivestocks, other (honey)
- Fish and schellfish
- Quality analysis
- Quality lab
- Certification and Labelling
- Food security and safety
- Local (traditional) quality
- Quality and sustainability
- Innovation on quality
- Final evaluation
UNICAM has all the requisites to host a master course on quality control of agricultural products: vast research network in this field, links with agricultural companies to which it provides services and technical support, especially in innovation, well established vocation in the field of international cooperation for development (Africa, Latin America, China, East Europe), ability on creating partnerships.
UNIVERSITÁ DEGLI STUDI DI PERUGIA
UNIVERSITÁ DEGLI STUDI DI PERUGIA University of study of Perugia is one of the most important Italian universities. It supports scientific research and innovation in order to realize human, scientific, social, environmental and economic development.
European Association for Animal Productions (EAAP) is an international organisation that coordinates European research in the field of animal productions.
ENEA – UTAGRI is particularly involved in technological innovation in the agricultural sector and technology transfer.
CERMIS, Centre of research and experimentation for plant improvement, is involved in the genetic improvement of cereal varieties and their quality assessment.
SLOW FOOD MARCHE
SLOW FOOD MARCHE, regional branch of SLOW FOOD Association is deeply involved in the promotion of high quality food.
INALCA is a Company that focuses on the production and promotion of high end quality meats.
SINT TECNOLOGIE is SME Company that builds and commercialises technologies for food processing for agriculture and animal productions.
AGROTECH S&D is an Agency that deals with international cooperation in the field of agricultural development.
CONSIGLIO DI MONTE SAN MARTINO E COMUNITÁ DEI MONTI AZZURRI
The council of Monte San Martino and the Comunità Montana dei Monti Azzurri provide for all logistic needs.
WORLD WIGWAM CIRCUIT
WORLD WIGWAM CIRCUIT Wigwam refers to a life philosophy that suggest acting in order to defeat an issue or to catch an opportunity. This approach will improve your and our life quality.